Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Beginnings




I finally arrived! After months and months of planning and anticipation I made it. Costa Rica is not quite what I had expected it to be. The campus is a lot bigger than I had thought and the overall atmosphere is different than expected. I had this image in my mind of what it would be like, how it would be difficult to adjust to the lifestyle. However, I cannot exactly describe it, but there is a overwhelming sense of peace that cascades over this place. Upon arrival I was not nervous or intimidated but actually felt very at home here. The people are really great so far and although my language skills are not so great yet, communication between the two cultures appears to be going okay. The water tastes weird here, not bad, it just has a flavor to it. So far i have not encountered any out-of-the-ordinary wildlife but I am sure it will happen soon. I have been told that there are taratulas here (big brothers of my greatly feared friends, spiders) and so my first encounter with one of them will be more than interesting... i will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christie,

    Hope you are well. We miss ya tons at TAC!

    Praying for you,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete