Thursday, November 12, 2009



A few weekends ago we took the amazing trek to the volcano Arenal. The drive was long but in comparison to my other trips it was quite the winner. We spent the day by the pool and at the several different hot springs at the “Springs Resort”. It was utterly captivating.


At night me and some of my favourite people slept on the deck, beneath the stars, overlooking a lake and watching the volcano erupt into the night sky (from a safe distance). All in all, I was completely amazed about how fortunate I was to be there. I not only had a much needed tranquil weekend but I was yet again reminded that our God is incredible in the way that he has shaped our surroundings. A lot of times I find myself impatiently stretching my thoughts through time, past and future, and I forget to be present and delight in the moment that I am experiencing. However, on the drive home through the lush Costariccan terrain that I have come to love so much, I can honestly say that I was content. Although I still miss home, my family, friends and familiar surroundings, I cannot say that I would have liked to be anywhere other than right here in Costa Rica at that moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment